Able Bodied Team Members
Each boat will be crewed by two sailors with disabilities and one able bodied sailor (AB). The AB will assist in an action/activity that the sailors cannot do, must be able to take command of the boat in an emergency situation and must be able to move about the cramped cockpit of an Ideal 18 safely. Participants may bring their own AB or an AB will be provided by the Organizing Authority upon request.
The Organizing Authority will provide adapted Ideal 18’s for fleet racing. The competitor is responsible for a refundable boat damage deposit of $500. Adaptations will be made to each boat reflecting each sailor’s disability per the Notice of Race. Other adaptations may be permitted by the Organizing Authority – such as alternative tiller extensions, suction hand holds, but no extra purchase systems may be added nor any holes drilled into any of the borrowed boats. The additional adaptations must be approved by the Organizing Authority and adaptations should not increase the advantage over other competitors.
Skippers shall belong to their National Governing body. All disabled sailors are eligible to compete and the organizing Authority encourages people with any manner of disability to participate. Note, you do not have to have a US Sailing certified disability to participate.
The Robie Pierce Women's Invitational is free of charge. The entry fee for the Robie Pierce One-Design Regatta is $150 per sailor. This fee includes racing costs, Ideal 18 charter, all breakfasts and lunches, dinners, beverages and snacks and the awards ceremony. Full boat entry fee is due at time of registration. There is a $75 per AB brought as part of a team.
Each sailor shall provide their own PFD, and the competitors shall arrive equipped with at least one VHF radio per boat.
- Ideal 18s and sails with no additional charter fee
- Individual guest charge accounts can be set up and billed to credit cards
- Borrowed Boat Insurance provided by the Organizing Authority
- Adaptations for Ideal 18s
- Race Committee and Protest Committee; Sailing Instructions; NOR
- Adequate safety boats on water
- Accessible toilets and wash-up area for the competitors
- Volunteers to assist sailors getting on/off boats at the dock and to rig/derig
- Breakfast and lunch Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Dinners Friday and Saturday with an award ceremony on Sunday
- Adequate accessible parking
As in the past, blocks of rooms have been arranged for out-of-town participants at the local hotels listed below. When calling to make reservations, refer to the "Robie Pierce Regatta block of rooms.
- Courtyard By Marriot in Rye, NY - , 914.921.1110
There will be limited housing in private homes available for those without special needs. Housing is on a first come first served basis and cannot be guaranteed. No housing will provided if requested after May 15. Please email Siobhan Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
All registrations with appropriate documentation must be submitted by May 22th, 2015.