Able Bodied Team Members
Each boat will be crewed by two sailors with disabilities and one able bodied sailor (AB). The AB will assist in an action/activity that the sailors cannot do, must be able to take command of the boat in an emergency situation and must be able to move about the cramped cockpit of an Ideal 18 safely. Participants may bring their own AB or an AB will be provided by the Organizing Authority upon request.
The Organizing Authority will provide adapted Ideal 18’s for fleet racing. The competitor is responsible for a refundable boat damage deposit of $500. Adaptations will be made to each boat reflecting each sailor’s disability per the Notice of Race. Other adaptations may be permitted by the Organizing Authority – such as alternative tiller extensions, suction hand holds, but no extra purchase systems may be added nor any holes drilled into any of the borrowed boats. The additional adaptations must be approved by the Organizing Authority and adaptations should not increase the advantage over other competitors.
Skippers shall belong to their National Governing body. All disabled sailors are eligible to compete.
The Robie Pierce Women's Invitational is free of charge. The entry fee for the Robie Pierce One Design Regatta is $125 per sailor. This fee includes racing costs, Ideal 18 charter, all breakfasts and lunches, dinners, beverages and snacks and the awards ceremony. Full boat entry fee is due at time of registration. There is no fee for AB's.
- Ideal 18s and sails with no additional charter fee
- Individual guest charge accounts can be set up and billed to credit cards
- Borrowed Boat Insurance
- Adaptations for Ideal 18s
- Race Committee and Protest Committee; Sailing Instructions; NOR
- Adequate safety boats on water
- Accessible toilets and wash-up area for the competitors
- Volunteers to assist sailors getting on/off boats at the dock and to rig/derig
- Breakfast and lunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Dinners Friday and Saturday with an award ceremony on Sunday
- Adequate accessible parking
As in the past there is a block of rooms at the Courtyard By Marriot in Rye, NY. It is conveniently located within 3 miles of American Yacht Club. To reserve a room, please call 800.321.2211 and refer to the "Robie Pierce Regatta room block at the Rye Courtyard by Marriott" to make your reservations at the group rate of $169 per night. The cutoff date for the blocked rooms is May 8th so try to book as early as you can.
Due to the specific adaptive needs of sailors participating in the Robie Pierce One Design Regatta, it is not possible to provide member housing for those individuals with special needs. However, if participants and/or ABs do not require specific adaptive accommodations, the Robie Committee will endeavor to secure member housing during the regatta. As this housing can’t be guaranteed, it is requested that all member housing requests be submitted to Carina McCabe no later than May 1, 2013. Please send an email to Carina McCabe at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Contact e-mail, daytime and cell phone data
- Specific people requesting housing
- Specific disability for each person
- Arrival and departure dates
- Any special requests or needs the member host should be aware of
- If you have a car
All registrations with appropriate documentation must be submitted by May 20th, 2013.